Sunday, May 6, 2007

My Day in Split


After some much needed sleep, I woke up ready to see the city. There is a great "green market" (what we would call a farmers market) here, and I bought some tasty cherries and what may be the best roasted almonds I have ever had in my life.










And then...I walked. Allll over. Up to the Marjan, which is a park, and through pretty little streets about 6 feet wide. I stopped for a tasty lunch of tomato salad and cod stew (sorry guys, no way to load the pics from this internet cafe - but I will later). Then I walked some more, out to an art museum (sculptures of Ivan Mestrovic) and a beach (where I saw a dude take of his speedo and change into shorts - right on the beach! ).

If you haven't guessed from the above, the weather is very nice today, sunny and warm.

I was bummed to find out today that I misread the ferry schedule online or something, and I won't be able to take the ferry back from Dubrovnik. Oh well. I'll take the bus back, and then a shorter ferry ride to Hvar.

Off to Dubrovnik tomorrow!

7 comments:

CrustyBill said...

Sounds great, can't wait to see the pics. You do have one of the guy changing clothes, right? Really looking forward to that one!

CrustyBill said...

What! It's not me that's wants to see that! ("somebody" used my login!) Mmmmm toasted almonds.... better than the ones at Miller Park?!? Holy Schmoelies!

Reubens says: "MMMMRmmrmrmMRMRMRMEMMWMmWMMOOOOROORORORORORRRRRROROROORRRwwwowooowwoW!" (x10)

Marcia said...

Need more writing... not enough information to compute...
:-(
Geez, like you must be having fun or something to keep you occupied so much!
:-)

CrustyJoe said...

She must be having trouble finding a place to get onto the EEEN-TIER-NYET!

polkagrl said...

Sorry, no piccies of Mr. Speedo! I guess I was too busy staring. ;-)

Marcia said...

Dang it!! :-( (Said Crusty Bill)

polkagrl said...

Uh huh yeah that's Crusty Bill jonesing for the Speedo shot....