Saturday, May 5, 2007

Just a Face in the Crowd

Ugh, I never want to travel without elite status again! Even though I selected a seat 24 hours ahead of the flight, I apparently got booted out of it as a non-status, award ticket traveller, and had the pleasure of jamming myself into the middle seat of a 5-seat row. With no leg room. Or any other kind of room. Well, maybe some above-the-head-room. I am sooo committed to keping my status on American after this!!! I like my comfy seats.

I can't say I'm crazy about the United transatlantic experience overall. The seats felt very small and cramped - getting my bag out from under the seat required serious body contortions. The food was bleah; the tortellini for dinner was flour lumps in some kind of glue sauce, and breakfast was a wee little yogurt and a roll (which, I gotta give them props,was warm!).

So now I'm at Heathrow waiting for the next flight. I've made the rounds of the stores and bought some Tylenol for the headache I developed on the plane, as well as some Walkers crisps because I love 'em! and water because we didn't get watered much on the plane.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Well, that stinks that your flight was crowded... I'm sure the sights will more than make up for it though!
Write often, so we know you haven't been kidnapped by a local who wants to take you as his wife!
:-)
Zalenskis North

CrustyBill said...

Woohoo! Glad to hear you made it to European soil. Can't believe they didnt give you enough water! Tell Dr. Luka we say "hi" when you land in Croatia.

Margie B. said...

I'm glad that you at least made to London. Now I know why Cheryl loves the special status on AA. I think LOT serves better food on transatlantic flights(you should have chosen them). I hope the weather in Croatia is better than you e-mailed me. Well, more sight-seeing than tanning, but this is what you prefer anyway..Make sure to find a Cybernet Cafe and insert some pictures (if possible). The trip will be great, forget about the flight and relax...Good luck and have fun!