Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hvar part 2










Lunch was quite tasty. From Konoba Menego, I got stuffed bread - don´t know what it was stuffed with, olives and more things, but it was excellent. Then I went to another table and all I wanted was the cheese and olives, but he dished everything onto a plate - and so I ate octopus salad. I really did! It was actually very good, as long as I avoided thinking about what it was. And I skipped the big, tentacle-y pieces.

After lunch, I went to a rocky beach and managed to get pink again. The water was not too cold, but I was not nearly brave enough to go under, like other people did - I only went in up to my hips.




The ferry ride from Stari Grad to Split was quicker than expected - only 2 hours instead of 3 - so I caught the landlord for tonight off guard by arriving early. And dishevelled from the beach and sitting on the open deck of a ferry, which I only mention because the landlord is incredibly good looking.

So, tomorrow I get to get up nice and early for the 5:30 am bus to the airport. Luckily I have 3 flights to snooze on!!!

2 comments:

CrustyBill said...

Have a good trip back!

Marcia said...

Ummmm... Octopus salad! Love that! Now, I can get you to eat more yummy seafood! ;-)

Talk to you soon...